This page provides information about Small Advecta For Cats that can be used for veterinary purposes.
The following information is typically included in the provided information:
- Advecta II Small Cat Significances
- Advecta II Small Cat: Warnings and Cautions
- Directions and dosage information for Advecta II Small Cat
- Advecta II Small Cat
This treatment is applicable to the following species
- Advecta For Cats
- TruRx is the Company
- SUPPLY FOR 4 MONTHS
- Only for cats aged 8 weeks or older and weighing 5 to 9 LBS
Effectively ends the flea life cycle
CONTAINS THE SAME ADVANTIX(r),II ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Bayer does not manufacture or distribute Advecta(tm),II.
Bayer Healthcare LLC is the registered trademark for AdvantixII.
It is a convenient, easy to use topical solution. Use only on cats aged 8 weeks or older and weighing 5 to 9 pounds.
Advecta for Cats II Small Cat Caution
If swallowed, call a poison control centre or doctor immediately to get treatment advice. If the person is unable to swallow, offer water. If a doctor or poison control center tells you to, do not induce vomiting. Never give anything to an unconscious person.
If contact lenses are present, keep your eyes open for at least 15 minutes. Then rinse with warm water slowly and gently for another 15-20 minutes. After 5 minutes, remove contact lenses if they are present. Then rinse the eye with water for another 15-20 minutes. For advice, call a poison control centre or doctor.
If you have contaminated skin or clothing, take it off. For 15-20 minutes, rinse your skin with lots of water. For advice or treatment, call a poison control centre or doctor.
- Precautionary Statements
- Hazards To Humans
- Advecta II Small Cat Caution
If swallowed, it can be dangerous. Moderate eye irritation Avoid contact with eyes and clothing. After handling, wash your hands with soap and warm water. Keep away from children. Avoid contaminating food or feed.
Hazards To Domestic Animals
Only for external use. Cats and kittens less than 8 weeks old or weighing less that 5 lbs should not be used. Consult your veterinarian before applying this product to debilitated, elderly, pregnant, or nursing cats. Although rare, individual sensitivities may develop after the use of any pesticide product for cats. Consult your veterinarian immediately if you notice any signs that persist or worsen. Before you give any medication to your cat, make sure that your veterinarian is aware.
Directions For Use Advecta For Cats
Federal law prohibits you from using this product in any way that is not stated on its label. Children should not be allowed to apply products.
READ THE ENTIRE LABEL BEFORE YOU USE IT.
RESTRICTIONS OF ADVECTA FOR CATS
- USE ONLY ON CATS AND KITTENS 8 WEEKS, OLDER WEIGHING 5-9 lbs.
- Do not use on other animals
- DO NOT EXCEED LABELLED DOSAGE VALUE FOR CATS
- Do not apply more than one (1) tube per treatment to any CAT
- CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CONTACT A TREATED AREA OR HAVE CONTACT WITH IT UNTIL COMPLETELY DRY.
(Advecta For Cats): Monitor your cat after application. Side effects are rare but may include skin irritations such as reddening, scratching or other symptoms. There have been reports of gastrointestinal symptoms such as vomiting, hypersalivation and diarrhea. These and other side effects, such as lethargy, can be reported to your veterinarian.
HOW TO APPLY
- Take one applicator tube out of the package.
- The applicator tube should be held in a straight position so that it is not in direct contact with your pet’s eyes and face. Cap off tube.
- Turn the cap upside down and put the other end back on the tube.
- To break the seal, twist cap and then take out tube cap.
- Split the hair at the base of your skull, along the neck, until you can see the skin. To expel all contents, place the tube’s tip on the skin. This product should not be ingested by your pet. If the product is licked immediately after treatment, it can cause salivation and bitter taste. The product should be applied to the base of the skull to reduce the chance that the cat will lick it. The product should not be allowed to run.
- Empty tubes should be thrown away as per the Storage and Disposal section.
- This product will last for one month under normal conditions. In severe cases of flea infestation, however, it may take up to four (4) weeks to retreat. Do not apply Advecta for Cats more than once every seven days to your cats. Once flea control has been achieved, you can return to your monthly treatment schedule.